[OSA] Multiple Deployment Hosts

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:31:11 UTC 2023

Eventually, the only statefull thing on deploy host is a folder with
configuration (/etc/openstack_deploy by default), which technically can be
stored in git. The most troublesome part of storing it there are actually
SSL certificates, because as of today there's no way to store them in an
encrypted way like with ansible-vault or with hashi vault. We're planning
to add such support in the next release though.

But if it's fine with your policies to store certificates (and their
private keys) in plain text in git, I would suggest doing that.

As it's matter of couple of minutes then to spawn a new deploy host
whenever needed. And moreover, you can create a CI/CD jobs/pipelines to
ensure the state of deploy host or making it "ephemeral" at all.