New repo for os-net-config?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Jun 7 16:27:39 UTC 2023

On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 at 09:36, Dan Sneddon <dsneddon at redhat.com> wrote:

> The TripleO project is being retired, and the Master/Zed branches are no longer being maintained. However the os-net-config project is still required for bare metal network configuration, and I believe the codebase may be used by other parties, however I don't have a good list of who is still using the codebase. We need to find another repo that can host os-net-config, hopefully on opendev.org, since the GitHub repo doesn't have the same level of CI that we have now on OpenStack Jenkins.

s/Jenkins/Zuul/ :p

> Can anyone recommend or volunteer a repository that would be able to host os-net-config going forward? I expect it will be needed for another year or so at least, just for the use cases that I'm aware of.

What exactly is the problem with the repo as is?  I guess if needed it
could be adopted by a team that is actively using it?

> If anyone has still been using os-net-config outside of TripleO, can you please speak up, either on-list or to me directly?

I don't see anyone:

$ beagle --server-url https://codesearch.openstack.org search
--format=grep --file '.*requirements.*' os-net-config
openstack/requirements:global-requirements.txt:171:os-net-config  # Apache-2.0
openstack/tripleo-ansible:molecule-requirements.txt:22:os-net-config
# Apache-2.0
openstack/tripleo-validations:requirements.txt:13:os-net-config>=7.1.0
# Apache-2.0
starlingx/root:build-tools/build-wheels/debian/openstack-requirements/ussuri/global-requirements.txt:210:os-net-config
 # Apache-2.0
starlingx/root:build-tools/build-wheels/debian/openstack-requirements/ussuri/upper-constraints.txt:351:os-net-config===12.3.5
starlingx/root:build-tools/build-wheels/debian/openstack-requirements/ussuri/upstream/36a2c2677e56afe0ece61cc0ade0f89285440ea0/global-requirements.txt:210:os-net-config
 # Apache-2.0
starlingx/root:build-tools/build-wheels/debian/openstack-requirements/ussuri/upstream/36a2c2677e56afe0ece61cc0ade0f89285440ea0/upper-constraints.txt:309:os-net-config===12.3.5

--
Yours Tony.