[cinder][all][tc][ops][stable] EOL EM branches

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 6 19:48:43 UTC 2023

On 2023-06-06 12:17:23 -0700 (-0700), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> This is true but I think this is the point where things are
> becoming difficult. Even we do not need to but we as community
> developers keep fixing the EM gate, at least I can tell from my QA
> experience for this. We should stop at some line but in reality,
> we end up doing it.
[...]

Maybe my verbosity made it unclear, so just in case, what I was
trying to say is that I consider Extended Maintenance to be a failed
experiment and agree we should be talking about either reverting to
the prior process from before EM was a thing or finding an
alternative process that doesn't have so many of the obvious
shortcomings of EM.

People said if we just stopped EOL'ing branches so soon they would
show up and help make use of those branches. They didn't, and so the
expected benefits never materialized.
--
Jeremy Stanley