OpenStack informations

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 15:39:34 UTC 2023

Hey there,

Depends on what you mean as lightweight:)
For testing purposes we spawn All-in-One OpenStack environments (using
openstack-ansible) on a single VM with 4 CPU cores and 12Gb of RAM and
100Gb of disk. That is totally not smth you should run in production,
but it's fully operational OpenStack deployment for playing/messing
around with it.

Same can be done with devstack or kolla-ansible.

Also you're not obliged to install all services that OpenStack have.
Bare minimal setup can be limited to Keystone, Placement, Neutron,
Glance and Nova (I'd recommend having Cinder as well, but you
technically can survive even without it).

So it really depends on your user-story and what lightweight means in
the context.