[neutron][ovn] The implementation status of DVR for port forwarding in OpenStack.

韩光宇 hanguangyu2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 14:09:19 UTC 2023

Hello

I previously learned that distributed SNAT has not been implemented in
ML2/OVS yet, and traffic for floating IP port forwarding still goes
through the network node.

Therefore, I tried using ML2/OVN. However, I found that the traffic
for floating IP port forwarding still goes through the network node.
Does anyone know if this is normal or if OVN has implemented DVR for
port forwarding? Or is it because there is an issue with my
configuration?

I deploy a master ubuntu env by kolla, and I had set dvr of ovn.
```
# in /etc/kolla/globals.yml
neutron_plugin_agent: "ovn"
neutron_ovn_distributed_fip: "yes"
```

I would like to know if OVN currently implements DVR for port
forwarding. If not, what can I do to distribute the traffic load for
port forwarding of OpenStack? In my use case, I need to create a large
number of port forwarding rules, which puts a lot of pressure on the
network node.

I will appreciate any help or advice.

Best regards,
Han Guangyu