[Nova] How to (live-) migrate instances in a server-group with affinity to another host?

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 06:31:04 UTC 2023

We're using live migrations a lot, though what is used less are affinity
groups I guess, as more typically is to use anti-affinity (at least with
our workloads).
The only thing I can suggest is too use soft-affinity. I assume it should
allow then to break policy if scheduler is explicitly told to do so.