How to create a dynamic pollster subsystem to create a pollster for senlin cluster

Rafael Weingärtner rafaelweingartner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:41:50 UTC 2023

Do you want this to be done in Ceilometer? I mean, complex calculations are
normally executed in the metric backend, such as Gnocchi. You could collect
data for all clusters, and persist in the backend. Then, you do the
calculation mean/min/max/rate:xxx, and so on in Gnocchi for instance.

The calculation can be done in the dynamic pollsters as well though. They
accept python expressions, where you can do basically anything you want.
Also, it is possible to use nested dynamic pollsters to collect and combine
data from different sources together.

--
Rafael Weingärtner