[cinder][requirements] python-cinderclient Yoga gate broken due to rtslib-fb

Rajat Dhasmana rdhasman at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 14:22:55 UTC 2023

Hi Jeremy,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 7:13 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2023-01-30 14:14:19 +0530 (+0530), Rajat Dhasmana wrote:
> > Currently python-cinderclient yoga gate is broken because
> > *python-cinderclient-functional-py39* job is failing. Upon looking
> > into the logs, I found the *cinder-rtstool delete *command
> > failing[1].
> [...]
>
> Presumably it was working with the listed requirements at one time.
> Do you happen to know what changed to cause the bug you mentioned to
> suddenly appear?

I'm not 100% sure but I think something changed in the kernel (i.e. they
added a directory path in the iSCSI target list
*cpus_allowed_list* which rtslib-fb doesn't recognize) that started causing
failure in the rtslib-fb library.
Based on the thread[1], Commit: *d72d827f2f26 ("scsi: target: Add
iscsi/cpus_allowed_list in configfs") *seems
to be causing the issue.
Also looking at the fix in rtslib-fb[2], they are excluding the
directory *"cpus_allowed_list"
*which is failing in our
gate job as Not a directory error.

[Errno 20] Not a directory: \'/sys/kernel/config/target/iscsi/
*cpus_allowed_list*\

Commit message of fix:

target has been added cpus_allowed_list attribute in sysfs.
Therefore, the rtslib should handle the new attribute:
    1. add cpus_allowed_list item in target_names_excludes
    2. add cpus_allowed_list feature in ISCSIFabricModule

This fix is released in rtslib-fb version 2.7.5 and yoga u-c is pinned to
2.7.4.

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-scsi/msg172264.html
[2]
https://github.com/open-iscsi/rtslib-fb/commit/8d2543c4da62e962661011fea5b19252b9660822