[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2023 Jan 27: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Jan 28 02:05:45 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Jan 25. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2023/tc.2023-01-25-16.00.log.html

* The next TC weekly meeting will be on Feb 1 Wed at 16:00 UTC, Feel free to add the
topic to the agenda[1] by Jan 31.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Added Axel to Mistral project DPL list[2]
* Remaining two projects (Mistral and Zaqar) which were less active (their release was
in question) are green and active now. Their beta releases are also completed[3][4][5][6].

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for the 2023.1 cycle
-------------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in the 2023.1 tracker etherpad[7].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Two open reviews for ongoing activities[8].

Cleanup of PyPI maintainer list for OpenStack Projects

The audit process is going on and a few projects have been completed [9]. There is a discussion also going
on in ML[10]. The TC discussed it in this week's meeting also and no change in the initial plan for the cleanup
of additional PyPi maintainers.

The process to find the less active projects early in the cycle:
I think in every cycle we get some less active projects and that is too little late in the cycle which adds extra
work for the release team to release such projects. We discussed in PTG that TC should come up with some
process to find such less active projects a little early in the cycle. JayF started the etherpad to collect the data
and define the criteria to help in this process[11].

Project updates
-------------------
* Add Cinder Huawei charm[12]
* Add the woodpecker charm to Openstack charms[13]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[14].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [15]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Agenda_Suggestions
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/871302
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/869470
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/869448