[all][stable][ptl] Propose to EOL Rocky series

Elõd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Fri Jan 27 18:02:13 UTC 2023

Hi,

Similarly like the Queens branch EOL proposal [1] I would like to propose
to transition every project's stable/rocky to End of Life:

- gates are mostly broken
- minimal number of activity can be seen on this branch
- some core projects already transitioned their stable/rocky to EOL
  recently (like ironic, neutron, nova)
- gate job definitions are still using the old, legacy zuul syntax
- gate jobs are based on Ubuntu Xenial, which is also beyond its public
  maintenance window date and hard to maintain

Based on the above, if there won't be any project who wants to keep open
their stable/rocky, then I'll start the process of EOL'ing Rocky stable
series as a whole. If anyone has any objection then please respond to
this mail.

Thanks,

Előd Illés
irc: elodilles @ #openstack-stable / #openstack-release