[Magnum]enable cluster user trust

Jake Yip jake.yip at ardc.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 10:15:56 UTC 2023

Hi Nguyen,

This is quite an old (2016) CVE, and I see that there have been a patch
for it already.

On why Trust is needed - the Kubernetes cluster needs to have OpenStack
credentials to be able to spin up OpenStack resources like Cinder
Volumes and Octavia Loadbalancers.

You should use [trust]/roles in magnum config to limit the amount of
roles that the trust is created with. Typically only Member is necessary
but this can vary from cloud to cloud, depending on whether your cloud
have custom policies.

Regards,
Jake