[osprofiler] Regarding contribution process

Sahid Orentino Ferdjaoui sahid.ferdjaoui at industrialdiscipline.com
Mon Jan 23 10:32:01 UTC 2023

Hello,

We would like to make some contributions on OSprofiler but not sure of the path that we are taking.

For the first one we would like to make a contribution that is adding an option for Jaeger drivers. The point is to add a prefix for the service name. A bug report has been opened for it [0].

Another contribution would be to introduce a set of tags to jaeger spans, still from an option.

And finally we would like to add support of Open Telemetry driver.

Any suggestions regarding the process that we should use? Spec, blueprint, bug report. Also any blockers that the community may think about?

Thanks,
s.