[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2023 Jan 20: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Jan 21 00:58:57 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Jan 18. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2023/tc.2023-01-18-16.00.log.html

* The next TC weekly meeting will be on Jan 25 Wed at 16:00 UTC, Feel free to add the
topic to the agenda[1] by Jan 24.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Removed Adjutant from inactive project list[2]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for the 2023.1 cycle
-------------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in the 2023.1 tracker etherpad[3].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Four open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

Cleanup of PyPI maintainer list for OpenStack Projects

The horizon team discussed the 'xstatic-font-awesome' repo PyPi maintainer topic[5] in their weekly
meetings and decided to hand over the maintenance to additional external maintainers. The horizon
team will retire the repo from OpenStack.

To clean up other OpenStack packages, I have sent a separate email[6] to audit first and then we can cleanup
based on the audit results. Requesting every PTL to look and do the required step.

Project updates
-------------------
* Add Cinder Huawei charm[7]
* Add the woodpecker charm to Openstack charms[8]

Less Active/Inactive projects:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Zaqar status
TC discussed and set a deadline of Jan 25th (next week's TC meeting) to check the status and
take a final call on Zaqar to be included in this cycle release or not. Zaqar PTL is trying to fix
the gate[9].

* Mistral status:
python-mistralclient gate is also green now and their beta releases are in progress[10][11].

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[12].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [13]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Agenda_Suggestions
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/869665
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-2023.1-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open