[neutron][ovn] Metadata service failed after creating k8s cluster with kops

Gene Kuo igene at igene.tw
Thu Jan 19 07:04:57 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I'm recently trying to create Kubernetes cluster on top of OpenStack with kops. However, I found out that instances created kops are unable to get metadata from ovn-metadata-agent.

I've tried creating a private network and creating instances manually and the instances are able to get metadata. After I use the same private network for kops, the whole metadata service seems to fail on that network, and new instances created manually also couldn't get metadata.

From ovn-metadata-agent logs I can see that the haproxy for serving metadata is created but didn't see any logs related to instances connecting and getting metadata.

Any ideas on what may happened and directions for debugging/solving the issues?
Thanks!

Background:
OpenStack Version: Zed
Deployment Method: Kolla-Ansible, Ubuntu source build

Regards,
Gene Kuo