[designate] Proposal to deprecate the agent framework and agent based backends

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:50:02 UTC 2023

Hi Christian,

I replied in the spec comments this week that I will be reviewing your
feedback. It dropped off my radar over the holiday unfortunately.
I also completed my followup to your comments today and posted those
as well (we were probably typing at the same time, lol).

Personally I think the specification is very close to being complete,
I think we just need to agree on these last few design items and we
can push for reviews.

As I was looking at these agent based drivers, it was very obvious
that the catalog zones may eliminate the need for some of the agent
based drivers. That is awesome and your proposal to add catalog zone
support is perfectly timed.

Michael