Re: 答复: Experience with VGPUs

Jonathan Rosser jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 15:28:01 UTC 2023

On 16/01/2023 11:33, Sean Mooney wrote:

> you can also use the provider confugration files
> https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/victoria/implemented/provider-config-file.html
> to simplfy adding traits to the gpu resouces in a declaritive way to enabel better schduling
> for example adding traits for the CUDA version supported by a given vGPU on a host.

Very interesting - I started to look at some ansible to deploy these
provider config files.

There is note at the end of the doc saying "it is recommended to use the
schema provided by nova to validate the config using a simple jsonschema
validator" - the natural place to do this with ansible would be here
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/collections/ansible/builtin/copy_module.html#parameter-validate
but I can't find a way to do that on a YAML file with a jsonschema CLI
one-liner.

What would the right way to validate the yaml with the ansible copy module?

Thanks,
Jon.