[CI][Tempest] Broken tempest-full-multinode-py3 job

Lukas Piwowarski lpiwowar at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 09:15:54 UTC 2023

Hi,

I've got stuck trying to figure out why one of our tempest jobs is failing.
I will be grateful for any kind of input regarding potential solutions.

I did a little investigation of the failing job (tempest-multinode-full-py3
[1][2]) and this is what I found:
- The failure is mostly caused by scenario tests. There was one occurrence
of failure outside of the scenario tests (
test_create_servers_on_different_hosts_with_list_of_servers)
- The failure is always connected to the creation of a VM. The reasons for
the failure differ but most of the time it looks like the VM gets created
but tempest is
  not able to access it ("Authentication (publickey) failed.") or the
created instance can not be found ("Instance
f4e582fe-52e6-40e3-b366-2b11ed589089 could not be found.")
- The failure is not connected to one specific test.

I am wondering why only the multinode job is failing as in other jobs the
scenario tests are passing fine.

Thanks for any kind of help
Lukáš Piwowarsk

[1]