[neutron] PTG flavour: virtual or in person

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 11:01:57 UTC 2023

Hi,

Dnia środa, 11 stycznia 2023 11:51:47 CET Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez pisze:
> Hello Neutrinos:
>
> I'm reaching you today to ask you about the PTG. Please first read [1] to
> have a bit of context. Due to the requests from the contributors to bring
> back the in person events, there will be a PTG along with the OpenInfra
> Summit in Vancouver. The virtual PTGs will remain and the first one will be
> in March.
>
> My main questions here are:
> 1) What do you prefer: virtual or in-person?
> 2) For this year, will you attend the virtual PTG only? Or will you attend
> the Vancouver one too?
>
> In the second question I'm implying that the virtual ones are "mandatory".
> At least this year those events will be needed to define the roadmap of the
> next releases, same as the previous virtual PTGs we had (please don't
> forget to order your ticket [2]).
>
> Regards.
>
> [1]
> https://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2023-January/031645.html
> [2]https://openinfra-ptg.eventbrite.com

Personally I would like to have in-person even and meet again many of Neutron people there. But I know that not all people will want/can travel to Vancouver. So maybe we can have virtual events as the "main" ones and use in-person even in Vancouver for something like "hackfest", "office hours" or something similar. Generally something with less strict agenda and meetings. But that's just my 2 cents :)

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer