[openstack-helm] Stability of Openstack Helm for large Ironic (baremetal) clouds with Openstack Yoga

Farhad Sunavala fsbiz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 21:08:40 UTC 2023

 Hi,
We're currently running Openstack services on baremetal.Time to upgrade has come and it is a nightmare.We are evaluating containerizing the services with Openstack Helm.
Our cloud:We are essentially a large Openstack Ironic (Baremetal) cloud with 5000-8000 baremetal nodes in different DCs.We are thinking of upgrading from Queens to Yoga.
Any feedback on stability of Openstack Helm for such installations? Any pointers on what to expect, gotchas, etc.
Thanks,Fred..