[Nova][Horizon]

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 11:11:52 UTC 2023

On Mon, 2023-01-09 at 09:50 +0000, Danny Webb wrote:
> If you want to do this you'd have to use host aggregates rather than AZs I think.  Setup a host aggregate that is then mapped to specific flavors which are RBAC'd to specific projects.
AZ are just host aggreates with AZ metadata added
To do tenant affintiy at the  schduler level on older clouds you can use the AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation filter
to map tenant to hostaggreates. from rocky on the perfer approch is to use teant isolation via placement aggreates
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/aggregates.html#tenant-isolation-with-placement

you do not need to modify falvors for that use case.

host aggreates are not viabel to endusers at the api so you cannot adjust policy to limit them to specific tenants.

if you really want to support this in horizon you would haveto  apply the

```Openstack aggregate set --property filter_tenant_id=9691591f913949818a514f95286a6b90 myagg```

to the aggreate that has the AZ defintion and modify horizon to check if the tenant id in the aggreate matched
the tenant that is logged in. basically horizon would have to implement the filtering of AZs in its ui. nova does not
provide that because we do not require the ```Tenant Isolation with Placement``` feature to be configured on the
host aggreate that defines the AZ. normally it is not done that way and you will have a seperate host aggreate that overlaps with multile
for a given tenant that defiens which hosts they can run on.

anyway case the answer is that you need to tag the AZ with some metadata to track the tenant info (or reuse the filed we support for schduling) and
modify horizion to filter by it. the alternitive approch is to propsoe a new feature to nova to allow it to to fileter in some whay but i am
not sure what that would look like and it woudl not be backporatbale as it would be an api change so it would be a change in the B/2023.2 release at
the earlest.