[Kolla-ansible] upgrade from yoga to zed on Rocky Linux

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at me.com
Sun Jan 8 20:42:07 UTC 2023

Hi,

That is a good question. I’m also running yoga on rocky 8 and due to some problems with yoga I would like to upgrade to zed too soon. I have created a very simple staging deployment on a single ESXi host with 3 controllers and 2 compute nodes with the same config that I use in the production cluster. This lets me try the upgrade path. I assume while there is the possibility to upgrade from rocky 8 to 9, I wouldn’t do that. Instead I would do a fresh install of rocky9. I can only think of the docs not being 100% accurate and you can run yoga on rocky9 too. I will give it a try.

Cheers,
Oliver

Von meinem iPhone gesendet