[designate] New project: designate-tlds

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 23:51:47 UTC 2023

Hi Thomas,

I see how this could be useful for other deployments that are allowing
any TLD in Designate.

I think this is something we could add to a "designate/contrib"
directory and install with the package, using the "extras" capability
to only install the script and unique requirements if this feature is
needed. The crontab can be bundled using data_files.

I do have a few comments about the code that I would make on the patch
for designate:
1. We are moving away from using the legacy Designate client for
python bindings, instead preferring to standardize on using the
OpenStack SDK. I would prefer the code to use OpenStack SDK.
2. We would want some basic test coverage so we can maintain it.
3. I would like to see a slightly expanded README file that talks a
bit more about the configuration file expectations and use case.
4. nit: We can probably condense the HTTP proxy setting down into one
configuration setting, if defined it's used, if not don't use a proxy.

Michael