[octavia][operators] Issues with connecting to lb-mgmt-net

Bram Kranendonk bram.kranendonk at nl.team.blue
Tue Feb 28 16:40:13 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there are users of Tungsten Fabric (formerly known as OpenContrail) that have successfully integrated Octavia?
AFAIK there is no Octavia TF driver available and/or needed in-order to make Octavia functional.

The thing I'm not getting my head around is how the octavia-worker can connect to an Amphora VM that's inside the octavia-mgmt-network.

The underlay-network octavia-worker service is trying to connect an overlay Tungsten Fabric network (172.24.0.0/16 in my case). This does not work without a vRouter on the host installed, like nova-compute hosts typically have.

Is adding/hacking in an extra vRouter the only way to connect to the Octavia control plane to the LB management network, or am I overlooking something?

Thanks

/Bram