[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2023 Feb 24: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Feb 24 22:43:04 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Feb 22. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized
in this email. The meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2023/tc.2023-02-22-16.00.log.html

* The next TC weekly meeting will be on Mar 1 Wed at 16:00 UTC, Feel free to add the
topic to the agenda[1] by Feb 28.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Moved os-(apply|collect|refresh)-config from TripleO to Heat's governance[2]
* Made DPL/PTL model change deadline as election nomination start date[3]
* Defined 2023 upstream investment opportunities[4]
* Technical Election for 2023.2 bobcat cycle is completed[5]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for the 2023.1 cycle
-------------------------------------
* Current cycle working items and their progress are present in the 2023.1 tracker etherpad[6].

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Nine open reviews for ongoing activities[7].

Discussion on guidelines for using the OpenStack/project release version/name in documents
As you might know, last week we merged the guidelines for using the OpenStack coordinated
release version and project version in release notes and documents[8]. But there is some discussion
going on for standalone projects' use case if the standalone projects can skip using the OpenStack
coordinated release version and have only the project version in documents. JayF's proposal is up
for review[9]. If your project can also be used as a standalone, this is a good time to feedback on
the proposal.

Leaderless projects for 2023.2 bobcat cycle
As the election is closed, we have 9 projects without nominations and 2 with identified leaders[10][11].
I have created the etherpad[12] to track and identify the leaders for the remaining 7 projects. If
you are using those projects and interested in maintaining or leading them, this is the right time
to step up.

The Technical Committee Chair election
As the election has closed, it is time for selecting the TC Chair for the next cycle. I have been serving
as Chair for the last 2 years and I am not planning to continue it this cycle. It's time for the new Chair.
The election process has been started as per the process[13].

Deprecation process for TripleO
--------------------------------------
You might have seen the ML discussion for TripleO deprecation. TripelO team is looking for the
volunteer to maintain the stable/zed. If you are interested to help, please reply to James' email[14]

Cleanup of PyPI maintainer list for OpenStack Projects
JayF has written the process to clean up the PyPi additional maintainers[15]. And Dmitriy is updating the
governance document to explicitly mention about PyPi maintainers policy[16]. Other than that, please
continue the audit process[17].

The process to find the less active projects early in the cycle:
No update this week. JayF started the etherpad to collect the data and define the criteria to help
in this process[18].

Project updates
-------------------
* Add Cinder Huawei charm[19]
* Add the woodpecker charm to Openstack charms[20]
* mistral adopting PTL model[21]
* Add xstatic-angular-fileupload as Horizon team deliverables[22]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[23].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15:00 UTC [24]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Agenda_Suggestions
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/874719
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/873440
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/872233