[qa][tc] uwsgi is now in maintenance mode. how does this affect us ?

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 16:12:05 UTC 2023

Hello,

I happened to notice that uwsgi announced it's now in maintenance mode.
https://github.com/unbit/uwsgi/blame/master/README#L5

Is anybody aware of this ?

The README file says they will still maintain the repo for bug fixes and
new python version support.
This is nice but is not a good sign, and can be concerning for us because
we have been using uwsgi
in devstack since we selected it as our default stack when we implemented
the community goal
to support wsgi framework[1].

[1]
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/completed/pike/deploy-api-in-wsgi.html

This might be a topic we should discuss in the upcoming PTG further, but
I'd like to share this earlier
to make everyone aware of this announcement.

I'm very happy to be corrected if I'm looking at something wrong ...

Thank you,
Takashi Kajinami