[qa][gate][stable] stable/wallaby gate is broken

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Feb 2 03:44:18 UTC 2023

 ---- On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:07:39 -0800  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
 >  ---- On Sun, 29 Jan 2023 15:16:20 -0800  Ghanshyam Mann  wrote ---
 >  > Hello Everyone,
 >  >
 >  > You might know stable/wallaby which is in the EM phase is broken because of the Tempest master
 >  > incompatibility. As this is in EM phase, Tempest master does support it and the fix is to use the old
 >  > compatible Tempest.
 >  >
 >  > I have pushed the fix on devstack to pin Tempest 29.0.0 to test stable/wallaby, do not recheck until
 >  > that is merged:
 >  >
 >  > - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/871782
 >
 > Devstack change ^^ is finally merged but now openstacksdk-functional-devstack job is broken
 > on stable/xena and stable/wallaby. Fixes are in osc and need osc new release to make SDK job
 > green. If your project gate is running SDK job then please hold the recheck until it is fixed:
 >
 > - https://review.opendev.org/q/I2a88e79d134ec1362e8361629cb2a8ae14dc7b67

SDK job on stable/xena is a fixed so you can recheck
- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-openstackclient/+/872340

For stable/wallaby, it is still failing. The osc fix[1] is merged but we cannot do the release of osc
for EM stable/wallaby[2]. And because SDK job uses osc from pypi version, it still fails.

To unblock gate, we need to remove the SDK job from stable/wallaby testing.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-openstackclient/+/872341
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/872382

-gmann