[ptls][tc] OpenStack User Survey Updates

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 22 13:38:36 UTC 2023

On 2023-08-22 09:21:03 +0200 (+0200), Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
[...]
> In this question there are actually mixed core plugins (like old
> Openvswitch) and ML2 plugin's mechanism drivers (like e.g.
> ML2-Openvswitch). Those old core plugins which we proposed to
> remove were removed from Neutron around version (2015.0.0 and
> 7.0.0 - I don't even remember what OpenStack version it was then).
[...]

According to https://releases.openstack.org/ Juno was 2014.2 and
Kilo was 2015.1.0 (there was no 2015.0.0), while Liberty was 7.0.0.

If these were all removed by Mitaka and there are very few
respondents indicating they're running deployments that old, then it
may make sense to clean those options up. If they were still
available options for a while after that (merely deprecated) or if
there are still a lot of respondents with deployments of that
vintage, then it may make more sense to reword those options for
clarity, to something like:

"Old/Legacy Openvswitch core plugin (OpenStack Liberty and earlier)"

--
Jeremy Stanley