OpenStack Swift quota

Xu, Wei [E CPE] weixu at iastate.edu
Fri Apr 21 04:52:39 UTC 2023

Hello OpenStack community,

Right now, because we tend to limit each user's individual storage capacity, we're trying to implement account and container-level quotas on our OpenStack Swift cluster (Yoga version). Every time we tried to execute a command like "swift post -m quota-bytes: 500" using the Swift CLI client to implement account quotas, it returned a 403 error saying "403 Forbidden  [first 60 chars of response] <html><h1>Forbidden</h1><p>Access was denied to this resourc", even if we are using an account already with the reseller/ResellerAdmin role, and both quotas added to the [pipeline:main] on our proxy server. Could you help us identify what could be behind this issue and how to resolve it?

Also, it seems like default OpenStack Swift only supports account-level and container-level quota implementation. Is it possible to implement not only user-level but also project-level and domain-level quotas?

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you very much!

Yours sincerely,

Wei Xu, M.S.
Research Assistant
Department of ECpE,