[kolla-ansible][yoga] Does glance support cinder-nfs as backend?

wodel youchi wodel.youchi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 08:22:35 UTC 2023

Hi,

The openstak documentation says that glance supports cinder as backend, but
it does not exclude any backend used by cinder itself.

I'm having trouble configuring glance to use a cinder backend which is
backed by an nfs share.

Is this configuration supported?

First, the rootwrap was missing, after adding it, I faced the lack of
privileges, which was corrected by starting the glance-api container in
privileged mode and finally I am facing a non existing filter error.

Glance is trying to mount the nfs share to use it!!! Which I don't
understand , why mount a share that is already mounted by cinder which
glance is supposed to use as an intermediary!!!?

When I push an image I get this error:

Stderr: '/var/lib/kolla/venv/bin/glance-rootwrap: Unauthorized command:
mount -t nfs 20.1.0.32:/kolla_nfs
/var/lib/glance/mnt/nfs/f6f6b4ee42b4f3522a75f422887010ad2c47f8624
f97bf3623b13014f22186b7 (no filter matched)\n'

Regards.