[qa][patrole] Retiring Patrole project

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Apr 13 17:02:54 UTC 2023

Hello Everyone,

You might know that Patrole project[1] which was created to test the RBAC but had some design
challenges, and we never got much attention to this project to align it with the new SRBAC or efficient
way to test the RBAC.

Since the last couple of years (After AT&T's focus was changed from OpenStack), we hardly had any maintainer
in this project. In this cycle, the QA team decided to retire this project. There is always an option to bring it back
in OpenStack if anyone is interested in maintaining it.

I have pushed the changes required for retirement, including governance change. If anyone
using or interested in this project, feel free to reply here or in governance change[2].

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/QA#Patrole_.28RETIRED.29
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/880014

-gmann