[tacker][ptg] Tacker PTG Summary

Yasufumi Ogawa yasufum.o at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:25:48 UTC 2023

Hi team,

Thank you for joining our three days vPTG sessions for Tacker bobcat. It
was three days and we had about 20 attendees each day. You can find all
the result of discussions in [1] and cross project session with
Keystone, Ironic and Barbican for supporting external authz for OAuth2.0
[2]. Here is a summary of our vPTG.

- We shared several issues of functional tests have been suffered us for
unexpected failures through the latest cycles and agree to revise the
tests. Current target include refactoring messed directory structure and
useless logs, reducing too much timeouts or redefining test scenarios.

- For docs, there is no instruction for supported versions of k8s, helm
or prometheus introduced in Tacker in the latest releases. There is also
something missing instructions or too old contents. We've agreed to make
a plan to update the docs and complete TODOs in bobcat.

- Enable tacker to get error messages of management driver as a
requirement from operators.

- Share the current status of secure RBAC support in Tacker and remained
tasks mainly for implementing unit and functional tests and documentation.

- We agreed to introduct a new feature for supporting external key
manager for authn credentials with encryption for security and custom
resources for the latest k8s cluster APIs.

- Discussed a requirement for supporting terraform infra-driver for some
usecases deloying telco systems on cloud-based infra, and roughly agreed
to include the feature into Tacker although we need to have some more
surveys for implementation details.

- We've had several proposals for improving our dev scheme such as
introducing type annotation, plantUML for docs or so.

- Shared the current status of Pypi maintainer cleanup.

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tacker-bobcat-ptg
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/bobcat-ptg-ext_oauth2_server