[Glance] Bobcat PTG summary

Artem Goncharov artem.goncharov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 07:23:34 UTC 2023

Hi,

Feedback from SDK/OSC team on one item that got my attention

> # Bridge gap between Glance client and OSC
> Last cycle we have prepared the list of missing commands [2] and started submitting patches to implement the same. Our biggest hurdle at the moment is lack of reviews from the osc team (which has only one/two cores). Glance PTL is going to communicate with TC/existing core(s) of OSC whether they can add any glance core to the team so that we can prioritize our work and get reviews immediately. This cycle we are planning to complete this work.

At the moment SDK/CLI core group is having 27 members, which should be already a sign. We have an agreement with all teams and add certain members into the core group to be able to review changes for their corresponding services (with a limitation that they are NOT by default setting W+1).
You have noticed pretty correct - at the moment there is not so much activity on our side due to lack of reviewers. But that is not blocking any change once there is a +2 review from the service representatives. That means that if Glance team opens change and another Glance team member leaves +2 those changes are having absolutely different priority and we normally approving them fast (unless there is something preventing that). What we want to prevent is that every team is pulling project into their direction breaking certain rules or conventions.

Please provide me the list of members you would like to get SDK/CLI core rights and I would gladly add them (one more time - no workflow+1)

Artem