[cinder]multi backend SAN and Ceph

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 05:37:00 UTC 2023

I don't see any reason why this won't be possible. Though, I would likely
used different sets of cinder-volume services for that, as while Ceph does
support active-active setup, I'm not sure your NAS driver does - it's worth
checking your specific driver with this matrix:
https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/reference/support-matrix.html

Regarding changing volume types, I assume you mean basically volume
retypes. It actually depends on the format of images that are stored on the
backend, as cinder does not execute type conversion during retype. So if
your NAS storage stores in RAW as Ceph does, this should work, I assume.