[infra] TLS error when cloning https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Sep 30 12:51:42 UTC 2022

On 2022-09-30 11:09:27 +0100 (+0100), Neil Jerram wrote:
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> neil at glaurung:~/tt$ git clone https://opendev.org/openstack/devstack
> Cloning into 'devstack'...
> remote: Enumerating objects: 28589, done.
> remote: Counting objects: 100% (28589/28589), done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (9638/9638), done.
> error: RPC failed; curl 56 GnuTLS recv error (-9): Error decoding the
> received TLS packet.
> fatal: early EOF
> fatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output
[...]

I've tested each of our 8 backends individually by cloning devstack
from them directly, and am not seeing any errors. If there is a
problem with one (or more) of them, it's not consistent. Our cacti
graphs show no significant spikes in activity nor resource
consumption on the backends or the load balancer around the time
the first message about this was posted.

Is the problem ongoing at this point? Persistent or inconsistent?
Are there any commonalities for the people/sites where the errors
are being observed?
--
Jeremy Stanley