[all] Skip level upgrades (SLURP) grenade job

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 09:16:42 UTC 2022

Hi,

As You may know there some time ago TC merged resolution about release cadence adjustment [1]. According to that resolution starting from 2023.1 (Antelope) will be first "SLURP" release. That means that upgrade directly from 2023.1 to 2024.1 ("C") needs to be supported so projects will need to run "skip-level" grenade job [2].
To start that effort and see how it works currently and what needs to be done/fixed by teams we (TC) would like to ask teams to add such job to CI in the current (2023.1) cycle already. That job will test upgrade from Yoga to master (2023.1). You can refer to the Manila job [3] and do something similar in Your project. If that job will cause some problems, You can make it non-voting temporary and work on fix it but we highly recommend to have this job voting already.
If You would have any questions, please reach out to us here or on the #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20220210-release-cadence-adjustment.html
[2] https://github.com/openstack/grenade/blob/b1cd7a1866ee7d17392bd9896db6060d40463726/.zuul.yaml#L378
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/859875

--