[ironic] Stable & Bugfix branch maintenance and retirement

Jay Faulkner jay at gr-oss.io
Thu Sep 29 17:49:20 UTC 2022

Hi folks,

I'm letting you all know it's my intention to, very soon, perform the
following actions on all Ironic projects:

1) Perform a release for any maintained stable and bugfix branches (EM
stable branches excluded by policy)
2) Retire all stable branches for releases prior to stable/train (For
Ironic; this is queens, rocky, and stein -- I have not enumerated them yet
for other projects).

If you either have code you'd like to ensure gets in the stable release or
want to step up and volunteer to maintain the older branches -- including
backporting existing bugfixes that did not make it back that far and
maintaining CI -- please let me know within the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Jay Faulkner
OpenStack Ironic PTL
OpenStack TC member