[kolla][centos][rdo] NOTICE: OVS version mismatch between Wallaby and later

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 12:36:35 UTC 2022

Dears,

This is a notice to users of OVS with Kolla with CentOS-Stream-8-based
images or RDO directly.
It seems that RDO Wallaby currently installs OVS 2.17 while later ones
install OVS 2.15.
The problem is that currently:
***
Upgrades from Wallaby to Xena will cause OVS to misbehave and lose all
network connectivity until host reboot.
***
This is because downgrades of running OVS are not supported.

We are investigating this issue, please stay tuned to this topic. The
solution we believe to be the correct one now is to bump OVS to 2.17
also in later branches of RDO.

Kind regards,
Radek
-yoctozepto