[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Sept 23: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Sep 23 22:22:41 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Sept 22. Most of the meeting discussions are
summarized in this email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-09-22-15.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Sept 29 Thursday at 15:00 UTC, feel free to
add the topic on the agenda[1] by Sept 28.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Antelope Elections[2]. Thanks to all the leaders who step up for the role. Also thanks
to the election official.

* Updated node.js version to 18 in 2023.1 testing runtime[3]

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Zed cycle
------------------------------
* Zed tracker etherpad includes the TC working items[4], Five are completed and
other items are in-progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Thirteen open reviews for ongoing activities[5].

New community-wide goal proposal "Migration CI/CD to Ubuntu 22.04"
As we decided to migrate the CI/CD testing from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 in
2023.1 cycle, we need to define this task as a community-wide goal. This work
requires more testing than changes which are covered in base jobs. The goal proposal
is under review[6]. Thanks, Dmitriy to compose and volunteer to drive this goal.

2023.1 cycle Leaderless projects & TC Chair
* We had 9 projects that missed the PTL nomination but the good news is that we found the leaders
for all 9 projects now[7]. TC is discussing their appointment on gerrit reviews.

* TC Chair: we have two nominations for the TC Chair[8][9] which is really a good thing
having multiple people stepping up for the role.  We will keep nomination open until
Tuesday (27 Sept) if anyone else also would like to add a nomination. On Tuesday, we
can start the CIVS poll among TC members to select the chair for next term.

2023.1 cycle TC PTG planning
------------------------------------
Updates on PTG planning:

* TC decided to meet at the below slots [10]:
** Monday 15:00 - 17:00 UTC (2 hours) for TC+leaders interaction discussion.
** Thursday 15:00 - 19:00 UTC (4 hours)
** Friday 15:00 - 19:00 UTC (4 hours)

* Etherpads:
** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-2023-1-ptg
** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-leaders-interaction-2023-1

* I sent an email about the 'Operator Hours' slots in this PTG, please check and reserve
the operator hour slot for your project[11]

2021 User Survey TC Question Analysis
No update on this. The survey summary is up for review[12]. Feel free to check and
provide feedback.

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[13]14].

Project updates
-------------------
* None.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[15].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [16]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/858539
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/856927
[4] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-zed-tracker