Cinder-volume active active setup

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Sep 22 11:00:19 UTC 2022

Hi,

thanks for the clarification.
We don't set "backend_host" at all at the moment, only "host" to the
virtual hostname which has the virtual IP assigned by pacemaker. This
seems to work fine.

> Changing a deployment from Active-Passive to Active-Active is a bit
> trickier, because you need to leave one of the cinder-volume services
> running (at least once) with the old `backend_host` so it can "move"
> resources (volumes/snapshots) to the "cluster".

I'm not sure if we'll even try that, I was thinking more about new
deployments that would be using active/active from the beginning. If
we decided to switch we'd test it heavily before chaning anything. ;-)

Thanks again!
Eugen