[ironic] Looking for downstream users of bugfix/* branches

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 06:57:10 UTC 2022

Hi Jay,

These are the branches OpenShift uses for its downstream versions of Metal3
(extracted from our internal docs):

ironic bugfix/21.0
ironic-inspector bugfix/11.0
ironic-python-agent bugfix/9.0

ironic bugfix/20.2
ironic-inspector bugfix/10.12
ironic-python-agent bugfix/8.6

ironic bugfix/19.0
ironic-inspector bugfix/10.9
ironic-python-agent bugfix/8.3

ironic bugfix/18.1
ironic-inspector bugfix/10.7
ironic-python-agent bugfix/8.1

We use them, because OpenShift releases are not aligned with OpenStack
ones, so more often than not, we need to have a slice of the master branch.
Having bugfix branches allows us to collaborate on bug fixes upstream,
rather than on forks in github.com/openshift. Please reach out to Riccardo,
Iury or myself if you have any questions on OpenShift's usage of Ironic.

Dmitry

--

Red Hat GmbH <https://www.redhat.com/de/global/dach>, Registered seat:
Werner von Siemens Ring 12, D-85630 Grasbrunn, Germany