[neutron] dhcp/dnsmasq issue after upgrade to queens

Benedikt Trefzer benedikt.trefzer at cirrax.com
Mon Sep 19 16:03:03 UTC 2022

Hello out there

I'm stuck with neutron not starting any dnsmasq processes after
upgrading neutron to the queens release (yes I know this is an elderly
version ;))
Details:

I see errors from neutron-dhcp-agent (on the dhcp host and on the
controller node for the neutron-rpc-server):
ValueError: Unrecognized attribute(s) 'binding:host_id'

But I'm pretty sure this is a followup of the directory
/var/lib/neutron/dhcp ($state_path) beeing almost empty (only empty
directories named by the networks beeing there, which are rebuild by
the neutron-dhcp-agent if deleted).

I'm further do not see any ports in the DB for dhcp. Which eventually
explains why the state files for dnsmasq are missing.

So now I'm stuck:
- Which agent/daemon should create the ports for the
   dnsmasq process ?

The installation should launch two dhcp processes on two router nodes
(HA setup). Which is also correctly shown using neutron
dhcp-agent-list-hosting-net which shows two dhcp-agents up and running !

Any hints how to solve are appreciated !

Greetings

Benedikt