[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 2022 Sept 16: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Sep 16 17:29:12 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============

* We had this week's meeting on Sept 15. Most of the meeting discussions are
summarized in this email. Most of the meeting discussions are summarized in this
email. Meeting logs are available
@ https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2022/tc.2022-09-15-15.00.log.html

* Next TC weekly meeting will be on Sept 22 Thursday at 15:00 UTC, feel free to
add the topic on the agenda[1] by Sept 21.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Switched release management to distributed leadership [2]
* Retired panko projects [3]
* Add Keystone OpenID Connect charm to OpenStack charms [4]
* 2023.1 cycle testing runtime:
2023.1 cycle testing runtime is defined and merged [5], As feedback by the Horizon
team, I am updating Node.JS version also to 18.0[6]. As discussed in last cycle PTG, we are
moving to the python version testing template to unversioned name[7] and will control/update
the new stable branch and cycle changes in central place in openstack-zuul-jobs repo. With
that we do not need to update the each project repo on every release by release bot patches.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Zed cycle
------------------------------
* Zed tracker etherpad includes the TC working items[8], four are completed and
others items are in-progress.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Two open reviews for ongoing activities[9].

2023.1 cycle Technical Election (TC + PTL)
We will have election voting for TC and Ironic project. The voting is open until Sept 19.
Please follow the election official emails for actions/things to do.

We had 9 projects missed the PTL nomination but good news is that we found the leaders
for all the 9 projects now[10]. As next step, TC will be discussing the PTL appointment.

2023.1 cycle TC PTG planning
------------------------------------
Updates on PTG planning:

* "TC + Leader interaction" sessions is scheduled for Oct 17 Monday 15-17 UTC[10],
* I have created the TC PTG etherpad to collect the topic[11].
* I sent email about the 'Operator Hours' slots in this PTG, please check and reserve
the operator hour slot for your project[12]

2021 User Survey TC Question Analysis
No update on this. The survey summary is up for review[13]. Feel free to check and
provide feedback.

Fixing Zuul config error
----------------------------
Requesting projects with zuul config error to look into those and fix them which should
not take much time[14]15].

Project updates
-------------------
* None.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[16].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [17]
3. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/855276
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/850005
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/857493