[monasca][kolla-ansible] Help for a monasca newbie to get metrics for instances needed

Christian Stelter refugee at last-refuge.net
Mon Sep 12 09:06:09 UTC 2022

Hi, Radek!

On Sun, Sep 11, 2022 at 9:14 PM Radosław Piliszek
<radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Sept 2022 at 15:15, Christian Stelter
> <refugee at last-refuge.net> wrote:
> > BTW. Is the kolla-ansible part of monasca still in active maintenance
> > and development? I stumpled upon the same error as in [2] and I'm
> > getting an HTTP 500 error when trying to open the monitoring overview
> > and is still unassigned.
>
> I have little to no knowledge of the innerworkings of Monasca but I
> can answer this question as one of the maintainers of Kolla and Kolla
> Ansible.
> There is currently no member of the team working on the Monasca
> integration and the situation is caused by the low maintenance of the
> upstream, i.e. Monasca itself.
> We are open to collaboration on fixing the situation but we don't have
> the bandwidth to do it ourselves.
>
> Cheers,
> Radek
> -yoctozepto

Thanks for your feedback on the maintenance part! So I will try then
to dig into it further myself.

May be someone else can answer the rest. Ceilometer seems to be more
popular. But I'm still curious on get monasca running. ;-)

Best regards,

Christian