[designate] zone sharing between projects and how to create classless PTR

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:18:13 UTC 2022

Hi Tomáš,

Shared zones was a goal to get merged in Zed, but unfortunately no one
found time to fix the open issues on the patch. This is a topic on the
PTG agenda and hopefully we can add that feature in the Antelope
release.

As for classless reverse zones, this feature should work (I remember
someone using it in 2020). I do however remember someone else
struggling with this in the past given the complicated setup required
for classless zones in DNS. I will refresh my memory on how those
zones work tomorrow and see if I can improve the documentation (I only
found that one mention as well).

Michael