[election][Glance] PTL Candidacy for Antelope

Pranali Deore pdeore at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 08:35:36 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I would like to let you know that I will be PTL of Glance project for the
Antelope cycle.

I have been working closely with the previous PTL, Abhishek, since last
cycle and I am hoping to contribute back to the community as a PTL while
following his excellent example.

The following will be my goals for Antelope cycle:

1. Bridge gap between python-glanceclient and openstackclient
    The CLI support for all glance APIS is already there in GlanceClient
and the similar CLI
    support we need to have in OpenstackClient for the missing Glance APIs
in this
    upcoming cycle.

2. Default Glance to configure multiple stores
    Glance has deprecated single stores configuration since Stein cycle and
will remove the
    support of the same in the upcoming cycle.

3. Secure RBAC
     In Xena we have managed to move all policy checks to API layer and
implemented
     project scope of metadef APIs. As per the revised community goal, in
zed cycle we have             made all policy rules set
scope_types=['project'] for all project resources that have already
 implemented scope. Now we need to have manager role support once it's
fully implemented       in Keystone.

4. Community priorities
     Whatever community goals put forward by TC, as a PTL of Glance project
will
     want to adopt these as a priority for the Antelope cycle.

5. Other
    As we are very short team at this moment, I would like to put some
efforts
    in attracting some contributors, help them to understand how Glance
    functions and encourage them to contribute for Glance.

Looking at how Abhishek, Erno and Brian have steadied the ship, I know it's
a big task and with their help I will do my best not to fail the
expectations.

Thank you for consideration,

Pranali Deore (pdeore)