Microstack - VM networking & installation probs

Tim Kahlke tim.kahlke at audiotax.is
Mon Sep 5 23:39:38 UTC 2022

Hi,

I tried to install microstack 245 via Canonical and am running into the “old” VM-can’t-connect-external-network problem.

OS: Ubuntu 20.04

Microstack v245

Install seems to have worked ok using sudo snap install microstack --beta. However, journalctl -xe shows

ovsdb-server[83528]: ovs|26322|socket_util|ERR|6642:0.0.0.0: bind: Address already in use

But not sure if that’s related or not.

Network setup is the default, i.e., external 10.20.20.0/24 and internal 192.168.1.0/24. From the host machine I can ping the VMs and vice versa, but I can’t get past the host from the VM.

I tried to apply some of the solutions I found on the web, so far without success. This one seems to work for people but my microstack doesn’t seem to have the ovs-vsctl command anywhere.

Tim