Kolla-ansible all-in-one and Hyper Converged solution

KK CHN kkchn.in at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 06:42:40 UTC 2022

Hi,

[1 ]   I am aiming for a prototype of HCI  on a DELL ( R650  2 CPU and 40
 cores . 2.4 TB) server machine.  The Operating System choice is Debian 10.

[2]  Right now I am successful in

  Kolla-ansible all-in-one  installation of Wallaby/stable on a  Debian 10
Virtual machine with the default configs enabled as in the documentation

"
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/kolla-ansible/wallaby/uickstart.html
"   in Virtualenv setup.

Able to get the horizon dashboard with the default services enabled and
created and tested the cirros   VM launching .. working fine.

[3 ] I have to repeat the same all-in-one  deployment on the physical
machine as in [1] with the default configs and then convert it as an HCI
node.

What all features do I need to configure / enable in   all-in-on /
globals.yml   to convert this box as a working HCI node ?

Any hints / directives for the essential configurations needed for this
server box  to convert it as an  HCI node are most welcome.

kindly shed some light on this and any reference documents/URLs to do this ?

Thank you,
Krish