[openstack][quuens][cinder] consistency groups bug ?

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:06:33 UTC 2022

 Hi everyone, in my openstack installation, for performance reasons, I use
a cinder type to address different storage virtual machines on the same
device. Balancing takes place via the scheduler. Below is an example of my
configuration in cinder.conf:

https://paste.openstack.org/show/b0hCTsdniLhinoQiVT7A/

As you can see nfsgold1 to nfsgold8 are all part of the volume type nfsgold.
Unfortunately if I create a consistency group with volume type nfsgold, it
can only contain volumes on the same backend, even though they are of the
same type. For example, if in my consistency group there is a volume on
nfsgold1 and I add a volume present on nfsgold8 I get the following:

https://paste.openstack.org/show/b4XnUeGDF5wYlCBLTcuc/

Any help, please ?
Ignazio