[manila] Feature freeze exceptions

Carlos Silva ces.eduardo98 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:46:55 UTC 2022

Hello, Zorillas and interested stackers!

During today's Manila weekly meeting we went over the status of our open
changes that are eligible for feature freeze. Some candidates for the
deadline were successfully merged over the course of this week, but there
are also a few other changes that are receiving feedback from reviewers.
Those changes will need some extra time to get in.

We are in a shortage of reviewers to take care of all of the changes at
once, and we are extending the deadline by one week.

The changes yet to be merged and receiving the feature freeze exception are:

*Metadata for share snapshots [1]*
During the Yoga cycle, Manila metadata APIs were changed to be more generic
and be able to accommodate metadata for other resources. For Zed, we
planned to have metadatas being added to the snapshot resources. This
change has received some reviews and seems to be quite close to being
merged. During the tests, the manipulation of metadata for share snapshots
seems to work just fine, and we are only getting some final tweaks to the
implementation.

*Refactor the Ceph NFS driver to use Cephadm NFS [2]*
This is a driver-only change and it does not impact the Manila core itself.
It is important for people consuming the Ceph drivers, and does not impact
the current driver implementation.

*Support share transfer between project [3]*
This change is currently under review and is a good addition to the Manila
core. Due to the shortage of reviewers, we only got more people looking at
the change and testing the functionality late in the cycle.

The three changes aforementioned should be merged by next Thursday (08
september 2022).

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/825008
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/848987
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/manila/+/843832

In case you have questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thank you,
carloss