Help us plan the next PTG!

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:01:43 UTC 2022

On Wed Oct 26 2022 11:24:37 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time), Kendall
Nelson <kennelson11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> No that wasn't the plan. I think the Forum will also still happen as per
> usual.

TBH, I wouldn't mind it (and I think I would actually prefer it) if we
went back to the OG model of having the summit and the design summit at
the same time. I was never into the split off into the PTG but wanted to
be open minded. I think having the user-oriented energy of the summit
combined with the ability to participate on the dev side at the same
event was a good thing. I might be alone in this feeling though.

That said, I think gmann highlighted the challenge with this would be
how we really need to have two events per year to collaborate on each
upcoming release. I wonder if we could do one co-located event with the
summit and then a virtual PTG for the other cycle? I dunno if the
virtual PTG is too resource intensive. I'm generally not a fan of
virtual events but I have quite liked the virtual PTG. I think it has
been running really smoothly and very productive.

Just my 2c.

-melwitt